COLONY RECREATION & CIVIC ASSOCIATION, INC.
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members and their guests. These rules have been established to assure safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities. Parents are expected to caution their children about safety measures and insist that they obey instructions of the pool manager, lifeguards, and other employees.
** All members must have a signed copy of the CODE OF CONDUCT on file at the pool. This document must be signed with your membership application.
A. GENERAL RULES
- The manager, assistant manager, and lifeguard(s) on duty are in complete authority and every person who uses the facilities must abide by their instructions.
- If, in the manager’s opinion, any person is acting in such a manner as to endanger himself or any other person their rightful enjoyment of the facility, the manager will eject such person immediately.
- The manager shall report violations of these rules to the Board of Directors when suspension appears appropriate.
- Failure to comply with these rules will be grounds for suspension of facility privileges.
- Anyone caught using slugs intentionally in vending machines or amusement machines will be suspended from the facility for a period of thirty (30) days.
- No employee of the Association will be reprimanded by members or their guests. Complaints will be filed with the Personnel Committee Chairman.
- Each member must furnish a family group photograph for the Photo Identification File. Photo must not be over 2 years old.
B. POOL HOURS
- Monday through Saturday ——> 12:00am to 8:00pm
- Sunday ——————————> 1:00pm to 8:00pm
C. No alcoholic beverages are allowed on pool premised during regular pool hours.
- All guests must be accompanied by a member. Domestics will not be admitted as guests, nor will they be permitted to enter the pool area unless they are approved by the Board of Directors.
- Persons living in the above boundaries will be admitted as guests when accompanied by a member over the age of 13. The guest fee for guests will be five dollars ($5.00) per day.
- Members must register their guests upon entering the pool enclosure and pay guest fees. No one under 13 years of age will be allowed to bring in a guest unless signed in by an adult.
E. HEALTH AND SAFETY
- No glass containers of any kind will be allowed on the premises.
- No running, pushing, wrestling, ball playing, or rough houseing will be allowed in or about the pool area.
- No pets will be allowed within the pool area.
- Admission will be refused to anyone with serious skin abrasions, infections, sores, colds, coughs, inflamed eyes, bandages, or at the discretion of the pool manager.
- Children using the kiddie pool must be under eight (8) years of age and attended by an adult.
- All members, including children, shall use pool and it’s facilities at their own risk.All children eight (8) years of age MUST be accompanied by an adult, unless they can swim one hundred (100) feet without support, and float or tread water for two (2) minutes, and have on file with the manager written permission to use the pool unaccompanied.
- No floating devices will be brought into the main pool. (Exceptions made on “Float Night”)
- A child will be allowed in the main pool wearing a one piece bathing suit with the floats made in it or a Coast Guard approved vest. The child must be accompanied by an adult in the pool no farther than an arms distance away. There will be no jumping or diving from the sides of the pool or from either diving board(s) and slide. There will be no exceptions.
- Member and guests will be responsible for their own children. The lifeguards will not be baby-sitters at any time.
- The following diving regulations will be observed at all times:
- Only one person on the diving board at a time.
- Do not dive until the previous diver has cleared the area below the board.
- Dive from the boards in a forward direction only.
- More than one bounce on the board is prohibited.
- Hanging on the edge of the board is prohibited.
- The following regulations govern the use of the sliding board:
- Look before you take your turn.
- One person on the board, including ladder.
- No doubles on the board except when a parent takes a small youngster.
- In accordance with city health regulations, all persons must shower before entering the pool.
- People with soiled or hazardous bathing suits will not be permitted in the pool.
- No one will be permitted to jump from one corner of the pool to another corner or across corners.
- Bobby pins and loose items in the hair must be removed before entering the pool.
- No person is permitted to smoke, vape, or juul on the Association property.
F. The Colony Recreation & Civic Association, Inc. will not be responsible for any accident, injury, theft, or for loss or damage to personal property on the premises of the Association.
G. The cost of any property damage will be charged to the responsible member. All members will be held responsible for the conduct of their respective guests.
H. All refuse must be placed in containers provided on Association property.
I. Unnecessary conversation with the lifeguards while on duty is prohibited.
- The showers, pool, and recreation areas are for the use of all members and their guests. All are asked to use these facilities wisely and to keep them clean and presentable at all times.
- Every effort should be made to keep noise to a reasonable level.
K. Going to and from the Association Property
- Members and their guests are requested not to “cut across” or otherwise take “short cuts” through our neighbor’s property when going to or from Association property. Such action is “trespassing” and may result in preventative action by those offended.
- Bicycles are to be parked in racks or in such a way as not to impede normal access areas. It is advised that you lock up your bike as we are not responsible to damaged or stolen bicycles.